In home arrangements, the cameras are the heart of the security systems. The appearance and types of cameras are good places to start when deciding which systems work best. Here is what to look for:
• The bullet camera is the basic type. It has a cylinder shape and mounts well in corners. These are still cameras that do not move and get their coverage by pointing them to take in the desired area.
• Dome cameras are squat and round. They are less noticeable and can be hardened against tampering by a case that protects it. Domes are usually only indoor designs, but they can be modified with covers.
• Pant-tilt-zoom or PTZ cameras have moving parts that one can control remotely. They are sometimes bulky and probably best for commercial uses. The can move to get different angles and sweep side to side to pan a scene. They can zoom in to get up close details.
• Spy cameras are small cameras that are difficult to detect. Small as a dime, some of these cameras will blend in like a button or small dial. Not known for a great view, they have the advantage of secrecy and can reveal unsuspecting behaviors. They are great tools for detecting theft and sneaking entries.
• HD cameras or High Definition cameras feature precision lenses that provide focus to reveal details of a scene. The high-resolution pick-up of these cameras requires a computer-based system to handle the pixels and depth of field. These cameras are needed only when fine details are necessary. Other cameras capture the scene with less definition at much lower costs per camera.
• Networking Cameras can be wired or wireless cameras that can connect to a central storage and viewing device. Network cameras do not store information, and they are only useful when supported by a console and DVR or computer
• Imitation Cameras have a place in the world of surveillance and security. An imitation camera will deter an honest man, and one can simply be surprised to learn that realistic imitation cameras have about the same effectiveness as visible real-time surveillance. When people sense someone is watching, it affects behaviors.
Types of Home Security Cameras
Blue Apron is one of the more prominent startups to come out of Silicon Valley in the past...Read More
If Amazon caught you by surprise when the retail giant announced its decision to acquire Whole Foods Market...Read More
The Rate of Deforestation is Rapid The consensus is clear – our forests are disappearing at an unprecedented...Read More
Congratulations! Did you know that you’re living in the most startup-friendly time in the history of the planet?...Read More